How to Decorate Easter Eggs in 2022?
Every year, on the eve of spring, after the celebration of Shrovetide, comes a very bright holiday - Easter. According to tradition, Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday after the full spring moon. In 2022, Orthodox Christians will celebrate Easter on April 24, while Catholics will celebrate it on April 17.
Before Easter, the faithful adhere to a strict seven-week fast. In 2022, the Easter Fast will last from March 7 to April 23, inclusive.
The traditions of Easter are well known to everyone. On this holy holiday, traditionally, people attend the divine service. There they consecrate food and branches of the willow.
One of the most common and beloved by all Easter traditions is to decorate eggs. There are many ways of decorating eggs. Do you want to know the best ways to decorate Easter eggs? Read on and you will find the best way for you.
How to Prepare Eggs for Decorating
It is believed that the egg is an ancient symbol of life. Dyed eggs are an important symbol of Easter. Originally, the color of the Easter egg was only red, symbolizing the blood of the crucified Christ. For now, eggs are painted in all sorts of shades, decorated with paintings and stickers. There are several choices of how you can prepare the eggs for decoration: blow or boil.
How to Blow an Egg for Decorating?
This option is very popular because such decorations for Easter can last for several years and not get spoiled. It is made from empty eggs when all egg contents (white and yolk) are blown out of the shell through small holes at the top and bottom. So, how do you blow eggs for decorating?
- First, choose the right eggs, medium-sized, without cracks or chips.
- Next, you need to empty the egg of its contents. To do this, tape the top and bottom sides of the egg (this will keep the egg from cracking), and make small holes with a stationery button on both sides.
- Blow into one of the holes to allow the contents of the egg to come out of the second hole.
- Rinse the eggshell well, and let it dry overnight.
- That's it, your eggs are ready, and you can start decorating them.
How to Boil an Egg for Decorating?
Another option that can be used is boiled eggs. While blown eggs are used more as decoration, boiled eggs can be placed on the table and then eaten. Moreover, Christians have a tradition of "egg fight", when two people tap each other's eggs, whoever breaks loses. It is more of a pastime but is used very often on this holiday. We want to tell you how to boil an egg for decorating.
- Pick up the eggs and a pot of suitable size. Fill the eggs with water to cover them and it is about 2 cm higher.
- Add salt or vinegar, this will help prevent the eggs from cracking the shells.
- Bring the water to a boil, then turn off the stove and leave the eggs to boil for another 10-12 minutes.
- Then drain the hot water and hold the boiled eggs under cold running water.
- Once the shells have cooled, you can start decorating the eggs.
Easter Eggs Decorating with Dried Roses
What could be more beautiful than flowers? Roses are such
beautiful but, at the same time, quite discreet and austere flowers. Did you know that dried roses can also be used to decorate eggs? You may have a question about how to decorate easter eggs with dried roses, and is it possible at all? And our answer is - it is possible!
Eggs decorated with dried roses are simple and tasteful, beautiful, gentle, and original. All you need to make them is the eggs (raw), dried roses, and a pot of water. Rosaholics will help you to get the best roses, there you can find the best option for you.
- The first thing you should do is crush dried rose petals.
- Then, put the petals in a pot, top the eggs, and pour the water to cover them completely.
- Put the pot on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the eggs simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
- After a time, take out the cooked and decorated eggs with beautiful pearlescent color and blot them with a napkin. Just be careful, they're still hot!
So, you not only boiled the eggs but also decorated them at the same time.
That's not the end of the story, we also have a second option on how to decorate easter eggs with dried roses.
- Take gauze, and spread it on the table. Soak the eggs in water and put them on the gauze, sprinkling them with crushed rose petals.
- Carefully tie up the gauze, leaving the eggs as if in a sack.
- Put them in a pot with water and boil as usual.
In this way, you will have an even more original and unique pattern, which you will achieve using roses. We think that this is the best paint to decorate eggs - natural and beautiful.
Dyeing with Food Coloring
Another great and easy option is to color the eggshells with food coloring. There are a lot of color options: you can mix them, make them richer or less bright. The method is quite simple: dilute the food coloring (powder or cream coloring) with water and dip the egg (boiled) in it. Depending on what shade you want, keep the egg for a different amount of time. To have a light shade, dip eggs for a couple of seconds, while for brighter shade - leave it for a few minutes.
The easiest way, which has recently been used more and more often, is special stickers. Since most modern people now have more and more active and busy life, many simply do not have time to paint the eggs themselves. In this regard, people use store-bought stickers. The method is simple: put a sticker on boiled eggs and drop it into boiling water for 2-3 seconds. The sticker quickly sticks to the egg and you take out the decorated egg.
Painting with Dots
Another creative way that has been used for a very long time - painting eggshells in dots. The essence is that you put dots of different sizes symmetrically or asymmetrically. Dots can also be completely different sizes, from large to small.
With the help of such dots, you can even create a separate drawing in the form of a flower by making the middle with one color and big dots and petals with small dots of another color.
Even though this method is time-consuming and rather long, people of the older generation still use it. The technique includes traditional and folk paintings on eggshells. It looks impressive and quite time-consuming, so the conventional painting on eggs is done on blown eggs to preserve this beauty for several years.
In the church calendar, Easter is considered the most important Christian holiday. It symbolizes the bright resurrection of Jesus Christ after His crucifixion. On this day, it is customary to prepare and decorate eggs. Each person who celebrates this solemn date does it differently, some people paint, some just glue stickers. But the essence does not change.
We do it to show our respect to Jesus Christ. The egg is a symbol of the beginning of life, the sun, and the resurrection. They look dead, but there is life inside.
Previously, when eggs were painted red, it was a tribute to Jesus Christ. Now it's more of a way to bring the family together for an interesting activity.
This is an ancient tradition. Early Christians adopted the egg as a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus Christ at Easter.
It is believed that the hare was associated with the goddess of spring revival of life and fertility.