How To Make Rose Essential Oil?
Pure rose essential oil is a very useful product and it is also appreciated for its composition. It is added to cosmetics for the face, hair, and body. Also, due to its aroma, it is very widely used in aromatherapy.
Products based on rose oil are in demand around the world. The organic rose essential oil has been worth its weight in gold at all times. Legend has it that Cleopatra told her servants to apply rose oil to the ship’s sails so that people could feel her greatness from afar. In addition, it is believed that the oil is also a powerful aphrodisiac. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to make homemade rose oil, especially if a large number of flowers miss from your garden or neighborhood.
The easy way of making rose essential oil:
- Several handfuls of rose petals must be poured with boiling water until the water cools down.
- During the cooling process, a small amount of oil will come to the surface in the form of a film.
- It needs to be collected in a glass container and used within a few hours
The resulting oil can be added to masks and creams before application; it is also good for massage and removing cosmetics. The oil works especially well as a hair mask. Dried petals also give a pleasant aroma when added to tea.
Rose essential oil recipes
The first recipe for cooking:
- Put several handfuls of petals in a glass jar, pour about 50-100 ml of warmed (60 °) oil (olive, almond, peach, or apricot oil is suitable as a base). The oil level should not cover the petals.
- Close the lid and leave it in a dark and warm place for a week. You can stop and start using the infusion or replace the petals with new ones and refill them with the resulting liquid. The reservoir should be shaken gently at intervals of several days.
The second recipe for making rose essential oil:
- The petals of a fresh rose (preferably damask) are placed in a jar, poured with vegetable oil, and kept in the sun until the petals turn white.
- After that, they are squeezed out and thrown away, and a new portion of the petals is put into the jar and poured with oil-infused rose petals. This is done up to seven times, changing the rose petals.
The resulting medicinal oil is used to massage the face, lubricate deep wounds, promote the growth of new tissue, and quick healing, installation, or a compress for the ears.
Storage: homemade organic rose essential oil can be stored for about 30 days, using jojoba oil under the base, the shelf life is increased to 2-3 months. For better preservation, add vitamin E from the pharmacy (a few drops). It is better to store the infusion in the refrigerator.
Uses of the best rose essential oil
There are a lot of uses of the rose oil and here are some of them:
- for all skin types, indispensable for dry, sensitive, and aging skin;
- as a tonic and emollient, antiseptic;
- by rosacea; for narrowing of capillaries, in the treatment of capillary damage. Eliminates visible vascular pattern and rosacea, forms a homogeneous skin color;
- as a rejuvenating, antioxidant component of cosmetics;
- for smoothing wrinkles, restoring facial contours;
- as a powerful regenerating agent, it increases the elasticity and firmness of the skin;
- to normalize the secretory functions of the skin, restore the protective mantle;
- to eliminate skin hypersensitivity;
- to eliminate inflammatory rashes, it is also effective in eczematous, allergic dermatitis, and neurodermatitis;
- to relieve puffiness and dark circles under the eyes, swelling of the eyelids, as well as from wrinkles around the eyes.
Pure rose essential oil is very valuable: only 1 kg is obtained from 4 tons of petals, and expensive. The largest producers: India, Bulgaria. Has a floral, sweet scent. Rose essential oil is the most famous ancient oil, a symbol of love and purity. We hope that after reading our article, you have already understood the importance of rose essential oil and now you can choose one of the recipes that we have offered you and you will prepare the oil. By the way, you can buy fragrant fresh roses for this in our store.
FAQ on the topic: “How To Make Rose Essential Oil”
How is rose oil obtained?
Currently, there are two methods of obtaining rose oil: a) by distillation with steam or water from fresh petals; b) solvent extraction from fresh petals. Distilled rose essential oil produces very little at the end.
How to make rose petal face lotion?
Making homemade lotion:
- Dry rose petals and pour a glass of boiling water
- Let it brew and cool.
- Then strain and squeeze out the remainder.
Wipe your face with the resulting lotion 1-2 times a day.
What does rose oil smell like?
Rose oil has a very pleasant smell of fresh roses. The aroma of rose is floral, delicate, fragrant, persistent, smoky, with a fruity note.
How to use rose water for your face?
It is enough to apply a little on a cotton pad and wipe your face, or spray it as a spray to refresh your skin throughout the day. You can add a cup of rose water to the bath to moisturize and soothe skin.