What Is Rose Essential Oil Used For?
Rose is not only the queen of flowers but also the queen of fragrances. Her sweetish tart smell has always been associated with romance, femininity, and luxury. It is generally accepted as a plant from the petals of which essential oil was first obtained. It happened in the distant 10th century in Persia, when a distillation method was invented as a result of alchemical experiments.
More than a thousand years have passed, but the rose essential oil has not lost its popularity. Today this aromatic product is used in cosmetology and perfumery.
Essential rose oil benefits:
- Antispasmodic. The aromatherapy product is suitable for those suffering from pulling pains in the muscles, cramps, spasms of the intestines and the respiratory system. In addition, the active components in its composition can arrest vascular spasms, which means that they can relieve such unpleasant conditions as migraines, weakness, headaches, and nausea.
- Antiviral. Rose essential oil helps to strengthen the immune system and significantly increase its ability to fight viruses.
- Detoxifying. The active ingredients in rose oil promote the elimination of toxins and natural blood purification.
- Bactericidal. Rose petal oil has effective antimicrobial properties. It is used to treat various infectious diseases and treat wounds, with inflammation of the eyes, skin, and ears.
Rose essential oil in aromatherapy and cosmetology
Every girl wants to look beautiful, but not everyone knows what beauty product she needs. We have already told you that rose oil is the key to a girl's well-being and health. This wizard oil has many properties. It is used both in aromatherapy and in beauticians. We will tell you about these sections where rose oil is used below. Pay attention and remember how rose oil can be used in aromatherapy and cosmetology.
Aromatherapy: The scent of rose flowers symbolizes love and youth, perfect for self-improvement and meditation. Moderately sweet, cool, and tart, with a honey base and complex smoky notes, it perfectly relieves fatigue, overwork, increases efficiency, stimulates intellectual and creative development.
The effect of uses for rose essential oil is soothing and refreshing at the same time. It perfectly improves mood and effectively resists the development of stress.
Rose oil is a natural and mild antidepressant that has its own essential rose oil benefits. Its aroma relieves hot temper, reduces negative emotions and irritation, promotes goodwill and sociability.
Cosmetology: This oil is a classic remedy for the care of dehydrated, dry, and sensitive skin. It quickly relieves irritation, redness and effectively dries pimples. In addition, rose essential oil has a tonic and astringent effect, smoothes, tightens, and restores the elasticity of the epidermis.
This natural product is perfect for eyelid skincare - it restores the contours and smooths out the epidermis, smoothing out fine wrinkles. With the help of rose oil, you can successfully fight uneven, unattractive complexion and rosacea and get rid of puffiness and unpleasant "bags" under the eyes.
Essential rose oil benefits
Rose oil has beneficial properties and knowing how this product can be used in skincare and haircare, you will be sure that this particular oil will make you more beautiful. Rose oil has moisturizing, toning, and antiseptic properties. Take oil from the queen of flowers and feel like a princess.
- Rose essential oil is used to support psychological health.
- Aromatherapy with rose essential oil helps to get rid of depression and strengthens the nervous system.
- If you have insomnia, the rose oil aromatherapy ritual will help you sleep and the oil can significantly reduce stress levels with regular aromatherapy rituals, making you calmer and happier.
For a relaxing evening, the aroma lamp is perfect for you. This method of aromatherapy will not only affect your mood and well-being but also fill the room with the enchanting scent of rosebuds. The dosage of essential oil is calculated as follows: 2-3 drops of ether per 5 square meters of the room area.
Uses for rose essential oil: Bath with rose essential oil is a natural source of youth and beauty. Through moist, steamed skin, the beneficial components of the oil penetrate the deep layers of the epidermis, so this aromatherapy session is doubly useful. Even though rose oil is the only essential oil that can dissolve in water, we do not recommend using it in its pure form. Dissolution of the oil takes a very long time, so it can form a greasy film on the water’s surface, which will make it worse for the oil to penetrate the skin and the effect will decrease. As a solvent, you can use milk, honey, aromatic bath salt.
Aromatherapy is a pleasant and useful way to cheer yourself up, relax and boost your immunity.
Essential rose oil is a source of beauty
If you want your skin to sparkle with beauty and your hair to look silky, then we have a great option for you. Rose oil is the secret of every beauty and supermodel, we are sure of that.
Rose essential oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it is an excellent antidepressant: it has a positive effect on the nervous system, tones up, fills the body with strength, harmonizes, and acts as a sedative.
Whoever once tried to take care of the body with rose oil will never give it up again. The beneficial effect of the royal remedy on dry, irritated, and aging skin is especially impressive.
Uses for rose essential oil. It can:
- Eliminate wrinkles
- Moisturize tones the skin
- Normalize sebum secretion
- Even out complexion
- Stimulate cell renewal
- Increase elasticity
- Eliminate the vascular network on the skin
- Brighten removes dark circles under the eyes
Rose essential oil for hair:
- It can solve the problem of small wounds on the scalp.
- It helps with hair restors the structure of the strands. Regular use of rose oil helps to restore damaged curls, making them stronger and shinier.
- It allows you to get rid of dandruff and various fungal diseases of the scalp.
- It increases the elasticity of curls.
- It reduces the greasiness of the scalp and also treats flaking.
Healing recipes with rose essential oil
Rose essential oil is used for different purposes:
- Stretch marks and scars recipe: Prepare a 20 ml almond oil mixture and 5 ml wheat germ oil. Add 4 drops of each rose, lavender, and neroli. Apply the product to the damaged areas of your skin several times a day.
- Sunburn Recipe: Do you feel a burning sensation after prolonged sun exposure? Combine 20 ml of jojoba oil, 10 drops of lavender, 4 drops of chamomile, and 3 of roses. Apply the mixture to your skin; it will soothe, calm, and speed up healing.
- Nails’ strengthening mixture: Rose essential oil blends well with regular cream. Add a couple of drops of rose essential oil to your favorite hand cream to strengthen nails and reduce brittleness. Massage the product into the base of your nails.
- Facial toner: The following composition will help restore skin elasticity, preserve its beauty and youth: 25 ml of base oil, three drops of sandalwood, rose, and incense. You need to apply the mixture daily: morning and evening.
- Psycho-emotional health: Rose essential oil blends well with bergamot. The use of rose essential oil is recommended to relax and relieve tension. In a spray bottle, mix a liter of pure water, 3 drops of rose, and 5 drops of bergamot to create a positive, joyful indoor atmosphere. Spray the composition around the room - the combination of floral and citrus aromas will surely cheer you up and your loved ones!
Uses for rose essential oil: contraindications
By and large, there is one contraindication - individual intolerance to the components that make up the rose oil.
It is not recommended to use any essential oils in their pure form, otherwise, it is easy to get burned. When directly applied to the skin, it should be either diluted with a base oil or added to the cream. Before use, be sure to perform a test by applying the rose oil added to the cream (base oil) on the skin. If after a while there is no discomfort, then the ether is suitable for use.
Caution in use, or better, a doctor's consultation is required for the following categories:
- pregnant women;
- children under 12 years old;
- hypertensive patients (there is a risk that the aroma of ether will provoke short-term fainting).
Recommended dosages of rose oil for skincare products:
- oily skin - 1-2 drops (the use of funds is allowed only after preliminary cleaning of the skin);
- combination skin - 3-4 drops;
- dry skin - 5-6 drops.
Now you know about all the essential rose oil benefits, and according to the recipes that we have given you in our article, you can prepare essential oil for different purposes. By the way, you can buy roses for cooking essential rose oil in our store.
- What does rose essential oil smell like?
Rose oil has a very pleasant smell of fresh roses. The aroma of rose is floral, delicate, fragrant, persistent, smoky, with a fruity note.
- Why is rose essential oil so expensive?
Rose essential oil Rosa damascena is a powerful oil influenced by Venus. It is precious. Only 1 kg is obtained from 4 tons of petals and so it is expensive.
- How is a rose essential oil extrаcted?
Currently, there are two methods of extracting rose oil:
- from fresh petals by distillation with steam or water;
- from fresh petals by solvent extraction. Distilled rose essential oil produces very little quantity of oil.
- What is made from rose oil?
In the past, rose oil was widely used in perfumery in the manufacture of lipsticks, perfumes, rose essences, confectionery (sweets, drinks, etc.). and nowadays in pharmaceuticals (ointments, plasters, drops, etc.)