Christmas Decorations with Flowers
Christmas and flowers? Yes, Virginia, they do go together! And our Christmas decorating tips go way beyond basic red and green roses – though we do have beautiful options for those, too. With metallic gold roses, silver roses, evergreen sprigs, glittery petals, and snowy white bouquets, we’ve got fresh flowers for every style of holiday décor you can imagine.
Ready to see holiday magic in full bloom? Take a look at our top picks for the holidays, as well as on-trend flower décor ideas for the dining table, mantle, entryway, and more.
New Christmas 2021 Bouquet: Gingerbread
A stunning spectrum of cinnamon-colored blooms and vibrant red roses bring this bouquet to life, making it a special treat for the holidays. Because of its subtle brown tones, this gorgeous bouquet creates a warm and welcoming look – perfect for creating a cozy atmosphere for spending the holidays at home. Buy the Gingerbread Bouquet today and have it delivered in time for Christmas!
Deck the Halls with Holiday Roses
‘Tis the season for decorating, and we’ve got flowers for making every inch of your home feel magical this winter. Check out our flower recommendations for these trending holiday styles.
Farmhouse Christmas Décor
The modern farmhouse style keeps trending higher and higher each week. This fresh look relies on rustic charm, with white, cream, and natural wood textures essential to the look. A simple evergreen tree with burlap and white accents is the core of the farmhouse Christmas style, but you can take your style up a notch by adding fresh flowers into the mix!
The Casablanca Bouquet is perfect for an authentic farmhouse décor palette. Tuck these fresh white roses into lush green garland hung above the mantle or into the Christmas tree itself. The pop of white creates soothing color contrast with fresh greenery, capturing the calm composure that’s characteristic of the modern farmhouse look.
Mad for Plaid this Christmas
Plaid is another popular Christmas décor trend that seems to strike every single year. Though there are lots of variations of plaid, red and black is perhaps the most iconic color combo for Christmas. Add to red and black plaid Christmas décor with a bouquet of XOXO Roses. These black beauties have thin streaks of red and yellow paint to mirror the plaid color combos of surrounding décor.
Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle
For those who flock to shiny, sparkly Christmas decorations, the Eloisa Bouquet will blow you away. Flashing red blooms embellished with glitter, the Eloisa roses are a dazzling vision of holiday magic. Perfect for parties with friends or family members who can’t seem to get enough glitter this time of year.
Because glitter roses are so eye-catching, we recommend placing them in a simple white vase or clear glass vase to let the roses steal the spotlight. Another idea is to jazz up plain red poinsettia plants by tucking in a few flashy red glitter roses. This is a great way to add extra sparkle to red poinsettia plants.
Silver and Gold Christmas Flowers
Silver and gold Christmas decorations capture the magic and significance of the holiday season. If silver and/or gold is your style, you can dress up your holiday decorations with roses that reflect the same sentiment.
Joy to the World is a top pick this year. With golden petals cupped around artsy red and white blooms, this flashy bouquet is perfect for transitioning right into New Year’s celebrations.
Or, you can add elegance to holiday décor with the shimmering gold flowers in the Golden Frost Rose Bouquet. Tuck these flashy metallic blooms in a white vase for a major statement piece.
Classic Christmas Style
Sometimes a classic take can bring all the feels. Red, white and green are the go-to colors for Christmas, and the Marshmallow Bouquet reflects that familiar charm. Fresh white roses are tucked between sprigs of green and red for a classic color combo that will look great in any home. This is the ultimate holiday bouquet, so show it off at the focal point of any room – entryway table, mantle, dining room centerpiece, etc.
Creative Flower Décor Ideas for Christmas
Bouquets are beautiful on their own – there’s no question about that. But decorating for Christmas is all about feeling festive and putting your own spin on the setting. Don’t be afraid to get creative to take your Christmas decorating up a notch! This means having the guts to take apart a fresh bouquet and get crafty.
Not sure what to do when it comes to decorating for the holidays with fresh flowers? Here are a few creative ideas:
- Add fresh flowers to the Christmas tree. Whether you use a fresh tree or a fake one, you can always add an element of beauty by tucking fresh roses into the Christmas tree. Choose a contrasting color, like white, pink or light red, so that the roses are noticeable against the green branches. Then, trim the stems shorter, leaving about 3-4 inches of stem beneath the flower head. This gives you just enough length to secure the stem to the branches of the Christmas tree with a ribbon or twine.
- Make your own Christmas wreath. You can never have enough wreaths around this time of year. Making your own wreath with fresh flowers lets you pick the precise colors you want.
- Double the impact with mirrors. This trend is all about creating dimension and ambiance by lining up mirrors of different sizes along a shelf, mantle, or dresser. Then, place your roses along with candles and other small Christmas trinkets on the shelf. With mirrors in the background, you can get wonderful illumination and a 360-degree view. The key to making this décor trend look elegant is to keep the mirrors matching. All frames should be the same color – we recommend gold, as it goes really well with other Christmas décor.
- Tuck a single rose in each stocking on Christmas morning. What a gift! Putting a single rose into each stocking is a wonderful way to spread the love and make sure everyone in the family feels special on Christmas morning. If you want to pick a different color for each family member, you can always Assemble Your Own Bouquet, so that everyone gets a unique rose variety in their stocking.
- Welcome visiting family members by leaving a special holiday bouquet in the guest room. Lots of people have family in town during the holidays. If someone is staying in your guest room, make them feel extra special by leaving a holiday bouquet in their room or on the bedside table. Include a note so they know that the bouquet is just for them. Putting a fresh bouquet in the guest room is a classy touch that will make visiting family feel fully welcome.
From all of us at Rosaholics, Happy Holidays!
There are so many ways to make fresh flowers part of your Christmas décor. We can’t wait to see what you do with your roses this holiday season! Tag us @rosaholics on Instagram to share your Christmas decorating ideas with flowers.