Amazing Facts About The Queen Of Flowers
There are countless types of flowers in the world. And they are all beautiful. However, everyone knows that the queen of flowers is a rose. This amazing plant inspires with its beauty. The color range of roses is diverse, and the number of shades of this flower can't be counted. However, it's worth emphasizing that red, yellow, pink, and white roses look unsurpassed. There is no holiday without a bouquet of fragrant roses. And every woman is always happy to receive a bouquet of roses as a gift or just like that.
Everyone knows about the rose, but few people know interesting facts about this amazing flower. Agree that the rose really looks special among all the other flowers. Perhaps that is why this flower is one of the most popular plants in the world. And this is not surprising because it's impossible to fully describe the beauty, aroma, and benefits of roses. It has existed for over 50 million years. And it’s the first fact. Today, numerous species of roses and their varieties have been studied. There are a lot of interesting facts about plants but now we want to introduce you in detail to the facts about roses.
Useful facts about roses
- Have you ever inhaled the scent of roses? It seems to us that this smell can't be compared with anything. That is why roses are used in perfumery. Roses in perfumery are highly valued. If you like the smell of fresh roses, you will definitely like this perfume. You will feel subtle fresh notes throughout the day. It's quite an interesting fact about roses because not all flowers are used to make perfumes.
- In ancient times, the rose was used to treat a lot of different diseases. Now the rose is actively used in medicine too. For example, rose hips contain a lot of vitamin C. Therefore, rose tea is brewed for colds. In general, medicine uses both fresh flowers and dried rose petals. Roses are rich in various nutrients. Did you know this fact about roses? If not, we will surprise you, women will be especially happy. Fresh rose petals have a wonderful effect on our skin, toning it and giving it a healthy look.
- If we start talking about the beneficial properties of roses, let's remember that the rose is actively used in cooking. Honey, various syrups, and drinks are made from rose petals but the most delicious is rose petals jam. It's not only delicious but also very useful because it strengthens our immunity.
- And this interesting fact about roses is sure to please all coffee lovers. Few people know that rose seeds can be used to make a wonderful coffee substitute. Dried seeds need to be crushed and then they can be brewed like regular coffee. Do you want to be healthy? So drink this beverage from rose seeds. You'll be surprised, but it's really delicious.
And what else should you know about the rose?
- Have you ever seen black roses? Honestly, they look really special and atypical. However, did you know that such roses don't really exist in nature? Florists take a dark red rose and tint it to make the black rose. The end result is such an amazing black rose. Isn't it a fun fact about roses that you didn't know yet?
- We will surprise you now, but did you know that the original wild rose has only 5 petals?
- The fruits of the rose are the well-known common dog rose. By the way, another interesting fact: the exact number of rosehip species hasn't been studied in science yet.
- Did you know that the rose is a national flower in some countries? For example, it's highly valued in England and the United States.
- Maybe a rose is a flower of love? Most likely it's a superstition, but if you take into account the fact that 3 million roses are sold on Valentine's Day, the rose can really be called a flower of sincere and unearthly love.
We hope you liked the above facts and got to know a lot about the queen of all flowers. The rose is a really special flower. No wonder Shakespeare mentioned this flower in almost every sonnet. The Romans made wreaths of roses and decorated the heads of the victors with them. All it testifies to the boundless love for this gorgeous flower. Once such flowers could decorate only the royal gardens. Now roses are everywhere. So let's appreciate it and take care of this gift from nature.