Rose Quotes and Their Meaning
Have you ever wondered why women choose roses among all types of flowers? Because the rose is the queen of flowers, it fascinates with its beauty and evokes a sense of euphoria with its smell. Roses have many types and are associated with love. That is why artists speak less about morning quotes with flowers and more about rose quotes. No matter what color a rose is, it will always look stunning. However, each color has its meaning. For example:
- Red roses symbolize love, romance, and passion. They are usually given to their lovers.
- White roses symbolize sincere feelings, truce, and tenderness.
- Green roses symbolize generosity and a sense of dignity.
- Pink roses symbolize hidden affection and sophistication.
- Yellow roses symbolize friendship, fun, and respect.
Since this flower is mysterious, many quotes about roses are written, expressing confessions and feelings. So we advise you to familiarize yourself with them below.
Quotes About Red Roses
Red roses have such passionate energy that when writers think of writing a quote about them, it will be enough to gaze on the rose once. This flower resembles a person, which is why it is often compared to a person's character. Sometimes people say, "you look like a rose, but you also have thorns." It is the reason for writing red rose quotes. Here are some options for you:
- “Give her two red roses, each with a note. The first note says For the woman I love and the second, For my best friend.”
- “She said that she would dance with me if I brought her red roses, but in all my garden there is no red rose.”
- “Love and a red rose can’t be hid.”
- “A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be terribly selfish if it wanted the flowers in the garden to be all red and all roses.”
- "I am a rose, you are my thorns, clutching to me, protecting me."
- “I will stop loving you only when a deaf painter manages to paint the noise of a rose petal falling on a glass floor of a castle never existed.”
- "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."
- “It’s ok to feel delicate sometimes. Real beauty is in the fragility of your petals. A rose that never wilts isn’t a rose at all.”
Quotes About White Roses
White roses symbolize tender love, devotion, and sincere feelings. These are elegant flowers that are given to express sympathy. And if you are given a large bouquet of white roses, perhaps someone is preparing to propose to you. To better understand the meaning of white roses, read the following quotes:
- “White rose in the red rose-garden is not so white. Snowdrops, that plead for pardon and pine for fright because the hard east blows over their maiden vows grow not as this face grows from pale to bright.”
~Algernon Charles Swinburne
- “O, the red rose is a falcon, and the white rose is a dove.”
~John Boyle O'Reilly
- “I remember, I remember the roses, red and white, the violets, and the lily cups. Those flowers are made of light! The lilacs, where the robin built, and where my brother set the laburnum on his birthday,- the tree is living yet.”
- “I can not have white roses. They symbolize death.”
- “A rose looks gray at midnight, but the flame is just asleep. And steel is strong because it knows the hammer and white heat.”
- “Then, as though it had been waiting on a near by roof for their arrival, the moon came slanting suddenly through the vines and turned the girl’s face the color of white roses.”
- “Teaching you how to grow a garden is better than giving you a thousand roses.”
Quotes About Pink Roses
We choose the color of flowers according to our feelings. It's how rose quotes are written. And they carry a lot of meaning. Personally, pink flowers symbolize trust, a strong attraction to a person, and deep sympathy. Here are quotes about pink roses in which you may find your meaning:
- “The sharp thorn often produces delicate roses.”
- “True love is like little pink roses, sweet, and fragrant in small doses.”
~Ana Claudia Antunes
- "The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose.”
- "I hate biochemistry because there is no chapter on roses.”
~Farooq A. Shiekh
- “The rose is a rose from the time it is a seed to the time it dies. Within it, at all times, it contains its whole potential. It seems to be constantly in the process of change: yet at each state, at each moment, it is perfectly all right as it is.”
- "Loveliest of lovely things are on earth that soonest pass away. The rose that lives its little hour is prized beyond the sculptured flower."
~William C. Bryant
- “If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
- “Then your soul is a golden narcissus,' said Anne, 'and Diana's is like a red, red rose. Jane's is an apple blossom, pink and wholesome and sweet.' 'And our own is a white violet, with purple streaks in its heart,' finished Priscilla.”
~Lucy Maud Montgomery
Quotes About Roses and Life
Writers create quotes on roses, not just as expressions. They convey deep meaning and want to share their life experience. Rose is like a person; therefore, every quote about it has a deep sense. Here are some examples of quotes that carry an encrypted text about life:
- “When you're doing a startup, life is not all roses and rainbows, like you see on Instagram, and killing it.”
- "Roses fall, but the thorns remain."
- “You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.”
- “Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.”
- “As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.”
- “I hate roses. Don't you? It's alright if you can hide them in a cutting garden, but I think a rose garden is the height of ick.”
- “It’s the time that you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important. People have forgotten this truth, but you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “It’s a rare man that understands the value of a perfect rose.”
~Mary Alice Young
- “The sweetest flower that blows,
I give you as we part.
For you it is a Rose,
For me it is my heart.”
Meaningful Rose Quotes
A rose is not just a chic flower. It is a flower that reproduces human life experiences. All quotes about roses carry meaning about people and the philosophy of life. Do not admire the beauty of the flower, but also look for its sense. To better understand it, read the following quotes:
- “A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.”
- “There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It’s the time you spent on your rose that makes her so important.”
~Antoine De Saint Exupéry
- “The sharp thorn often produces delicate roses.”
- “A rose’s rarest essence lives in the thorn.”
- “The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.”
- “A woman is like a rose if you take good care of her, you will see love blossom.”
- “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”
- “Take time to smell the roses. Appreciating the little things in life really can make all the difference.”
- “A rose does not lose its beautiful scent because it grew in dirt.”
- “Be like a rose; no matter how many thorns you encounter in life, bloom.”
- “A single flower he sent me since we met. All tenderly his messenger he chose, deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet one perfect rose.”
If you want to write your quote about the rose, write about the meaning you see in it. You can focus on the quotes of others and write a couple of rose lines of your own. And then choose the most interesting ones.
The life cycle of a rose is similar to that of a human. Roses are cared for in the same way as people. Rose also has thorns like people. And the rose is also associated with love, which is the most important thing for people.
The rose symbolizes love, romance, beauty, and loyalty. But each color has its meaning. Therefore, determine the definition of a rose by its color.
'a rose among the thorns' 'stop and smell the roses' 'everything is coming up roses' 'rose-coloured glasses