Summer Picnic Romantic Ideas
Why not consider a romantic picnic if you and your loved one are seeking a fun summer activity that is also lovely and romantic? Perhaps, at first sight, it will appear uninteresting to you, but consider all the romantic picnic ideas there are to make this occasion memorable and fun.
But if you think that you are not a creative person, and you do not have any idea to surprise your loved one, do not worry, because Rosaholics has prepared a list of cute picnic ideas for your beloved. You will learn what places are ideal for romantic picnics, what to bring to a picnic to make this time pleasant and unforgettable, and what food is suitable for this event. Read on, and choose the best ideas for you and your other half.
Adorable Places for Romantic Picnics
Honestly, answer yourself the question, what is the first place that comes to your mind when you hear the word picnic? For most people, it's a forest. But you have to agree that the forest is not exactly suitable for romantic picnics. That's because if you are looking for romantic picnic ideas, it seems to you that it should be some beautiful, charming, even picturesque place that you and your partner will remember for a long time.
There are quite a lot of such mind-blowing places, but we have decided to highlight for you our top 5 locations for your romantic picnic:
Picnic in the Mountains
If you and your soulmate enjoy the outdoors and spectacular views, a romantic picnic in the mountains is the perfect way to spend time together.
- There are many incredible mountain picnic spots worldwide, so you're sure to find one that fits your style. By the way, it doesn't have to be high mountains, it can be low hills but with dramatic views, because that's the trick of this picnic date idea.
For more entourage, you can arrange the date in the evening, at sunset.
Picnic on the Beach
Nothing says romance like a picnic on the beach. Whether you're watching the sunset or just enjoying the sound of the waves, the idea of a beach picnic will create unforgettable moments for you and your partner.
- If you imagine what it would look like: Spread out a blanket, open your wine and enjoy the sound of crashing waves while you spend time with your partner, talking about different topics and eating a delicious snack.
Picnic at the Lake
If you're lucky enough to live near a lake, take advantage of it by having a romantic date by the water. Pack a picnic basket with all your favorite foods and drinks, and find a place to relax and enjoy the view.
- If you're feeling adventurous, why not take a swim? And if you want something a little more romantic, you can always go to the middle of the lake in a canoe or boat or feed the ducks if they are there. It can bring you and your partner quite close together.
Picnic at the Park
Picnicking in a park is one of the most simple and romantic picnic ideas. This is a terrific alternative if you want to spend time with your lover outside but don't want to travel far.
Pick a quiet area in the park that is surrounded by a lot of foliage for some seclusion and comfort. On the lush, green grass, spread a blanket, add some cushions for comfort, some nibbles, and your favorite wine. On a nice, bright day, it would make for a cute picnic idea.
Picnic in the Backyard
And finally, one last picnic idea for couples who don't have much time:
- If you're short on time or money, you can always have a romantic picnic right in your backyard.
It may not be as exotic a place as some others on this list, but it can still be just as romantic. All you need is a little imagination and your soulmate by your side.
What to Bring to a Picnic for a Couple
Let's say you have already decided in what romantic place you will hold a picnic. The next step is to decide the things you require for the picnic. And here, the main task is to take things that will be necessary and practical but simultaneously create an atmosphere of romance.
Plaids to Sit on and Cover-up
Get a comfy blanket warm enough to sit on without getting cold from the ground. Also, take a second blanket that you can throw over your shoulders in case of wind. This is especially true if you have the idea of a romantic dinner at a picnic, as the evening may be fantastic.
The plaid you will be covered with can be one for two, so you get even closer to your partner and create a romantic atmosphere.
This attribute will be handy if you have a beach picnic idea or if the weather forecast says it's going to rain.
- If you are going on a romantic picnic on a reasonably sunny day, an umbrella will help you protect yourself from the heat, so you don't get sunstroke and enjoy the day.
- And if the forecast says rain, it will bring romance to your day, but so you don't get soaked to the skin and get sick, an umbrella will come in handy.
Crockery and Cutlery
Even if you take canapés or small sandwiches from the meal, you still need something to put them on. So take nice plates, eating utensils, and glasses if you plan to drink wine or champagne.
You can add decor if you wish. You can decorate your romantic picnic with fresh flowers, beautiful dishes, cute napkins, and small accessories that will add to the coziness of your date.
- Rosaholics offers a large selection of bouquets for your other half, in addition to which you can order rose petals to impress your other half even more.
Foods Ideas for Romantic Picnic
There are many picnic food ideas for couples you can take.
- Before making your picnic food list, ensure that the food you choose is suitable for outdoor recreation.
- Try to select foods that can be safely stored without a refrigerator for at least a couple of hours. And also, do not spill, and do not crumble.
- At your romantic picnic, a blanket serves as the table, so try to prepare dishes that can be eaten with minimal use of cutlery.
- No one wants to suffer from abdominal pain or a feeling of bloating, so do not eat large quantities of foods that can cause flatulence. For example, beans, peas, and strong coffee.
Safety and convenience issues are sorted out. Let's move on to what romantic picnic food you can take:
If you're looking for a romantic picnic idea, check out the cheese board! It's the perfect way to show your other half that you're thinking of them. It's also a great way to enjoy a delicious meal.
Only if you don't know much yet about the person you're going on a romantic picnic with, find out in advance if the person is allergic to the lactose found in cheeses.
What you will need:
- A variety of cheeses. Try to choose several options, play with the density of cheese from soft to hard, and choose cheeses of different ages, flavors, and countries.
- Crackers or bread make a great addition to the aftertaste of the cheeses on your romantic picnic. If you pick bread, it is best to take a baguette, cut it into circles, and toast it in a toaster or oven.
- Grapes or berries will be another great addition to the cheese board, as the sweet taste of berries or grapes intertwines with the salty flavors of the cheeses.
- Nuts of different varieties. Get about 3-4 different kinds of nuts to complement the cheese board.
- Honey or jam can also be added for fans.
- A spreading knife to help you spread soft cheese on crackers.
Fruits and Vegetables
It’s great romantic food for your summer picnic. It is better to wash fruits and vegetables beforehand at home, put them in a separate container, and cut them up when you arrive at your romantic picnic or home.
- Do not forget a separate plastic bag for scraps, peels, and seeds.
- Bananas, apples, pears, and grapes are the best fruits. They don't flow, don't release juice, don't splatter, don't need to remove pips, and are easy to peel.
- If you choose something from the vegetables, ideal veggies for a picnic would be cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers, olives, zucchini, eggplant, potatoes, and green onions.
Vegetables can be eaten raw, grilled, in canapés, and in salads.
- If you want grilled vegetables, it is better to take care of them in advance and cook them at home. If you do not have the opportunity to grill at home, you can order grilled vegetables in a restaurant or café or buy them in the cooking section of the supermarket.
Canapés or Small Sandwiches
If you are looking for romantic picnic ideas, why not try making canapés or small sandwiches to enjoy during your date? You can use different kinds of bread, meat, and cheese to create flavor combinations.
And if you want to get fancy, you can add unique toppings to your canapés or sandwiches, such as pesto or sun-dried tomatoes. Your significant other will be impressed!
No romantic picnic would be complete without a delicious dessert. You can go the traditional way and buy cookies or cakes. Or, if you want to get fancy, you can come up with your romantic picnic food ideas. Here are some picnic dessert ideas that are sure to please:
- Fruit salad with a twist: Add a few cubes of mango, pineapple, and strawberries to your favorite fruit salad recipe. And don't forget a bunch of mint for a refreshing effect.
- Chocolate-covered strawberries: This is always a hit! Just dip fresh strawberries in melted chocolate and let them cool. This is a dessert everyone will appreciate.
- Miniature Cheesecakes: Make or buy small cheesecakes and decorate them with your favorite berries or fruit. By the way, mint can do its part here, too, and serve as a decoration.
- Cookies: Bringing home-baked cookies for a romantic picnic is another easy yet delectable idea. You may even use your creativity to make your loved one a batch of heart-shaped cookies.
Whatever you choose, just make sure it's something you and your significant other will love!
Flowers for Your Soulmate
No matter how cute your picnic idea is for you and your partner, it will be incomplete if you don't give a cute gift. A bouquet of fresh flowers would be ideal here.
You can read about romantic flowers to express your feelings in our other article.
Rosaholics offers variations of bright and original bouquets for every taste. Or maybe you want to surprise your partner with a unique bouquet? In any case, just select a bouquet you like and order it, and the Rosaholics team will take care of the appearance, freshness, and delivery.
At picnics, couples usually have a nice time talking. And of course, to avoid being hungry, they eat delicious food and enjoy the atmosphere.
For a picnic, it is better to take food that will not cause unpleasant feelings in the stomach. It can be fruits and vegetables, cheeses, bread, desserts, and snacks.
Yes, a romantic picnic is a great idea for a date. Whether it's your first date, or you've been together for a long time but decided to have a romance, it will be an unforgettable time.
You can cook your food from inexpensive products; it will be cheaper than buying ready-made in the store. And choose a picnic location closer to homes, such as a park nearby or even the backyard of your house.
There is no need to wear something luxurious, but rather something light, not restricting movement. Girls can wear a light summer dress, and men can wear pants with a classic T-shirt.
What Flowers Are in Season
What are the Best Flowers for Your Boyfriend
Perfect Flowers Ideas for Your Girlfriend
How to Say ‘I Love You’ in a Thousand Ways
What Your Favorite Flower Says About Your Personality