How to Make Bath Bomb with Roses DIY
A warm aromatic bath will help you relieve fatigue after a hard day's work. You will be able to restore strength and relax. People invented many cosmetics to make bathing as useful and enjoyable as possible. Among them, the place of honor takes bath bombs.
You can buy bath bombs in stores. Or you can make them yourself from simple ingredients. Most of the necessary tools to make them are present in the kitchen of every homemaker.
In this article, we offer you to make a very unusual bath bomb. These will be bath bombs with flowers. More specifically, we will be making bath bombs with rose petals. It will not only smell nice. It will make your skin soft and silky. So if you're looking for a luxurious way to relax in your bath, this is the perfect recipe! Let's get started.
Rose Bath Bomb Recipe
So, now that you know about the benefits of rose petals in cosmetics, it's time to learn how to make a rose petal bath bomb.
Here are the tools and products you will need:
- 2 cups baking soda;
- 1 cup citric acid;
- 1/2 cup cornstarch;
- 3 tablespoons Epsom salt;
- 3 tablespoons almond oil or any other base oil;
- 5 to 10 drops of essential rose oil;
- 1 teaspoon rose water;
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals;
- Silicone molds (optional);
- Plastic wrap (optional).
If you're worried about whether you can use dried rose petals in a bath, don't worry! It's a safe and natural ingredient that won't harm your skin.
Let's now start making a rose-scented bath bomb:
- Mix dry ingredients such as baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and Epsom salt in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly so that the elements come together.
- Add oil to the mixture. Take almond oil or any other base oil. Mix thoroughly until smooth paste forms. The main thing is not to overdo it, so add the oil a little at a time.
- Now add the essential rose oil and rose water. Stir again to combine everything thoroughly.
- After that, gently add the dried rose petals to the mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Spread the resulting mixture into silicone molds. Or cover a bowl with plastic wrap and tamp the mixture tightly.
- Leave the bath bombs for 12 hours or overnight to harden. You should do this before removing the flower bath bombs from the molds.
- Enjoy our recipe for rose bath bombs!
What Natural Colors to Use for Coloring?
You can add food coloring to bath bombs to get specific colors. But if you want a more natural color, there are other options. You can use dried herbs or spices. These can be turmeric, cinnamon, and hibiscus powder, for example. These ingredients will also give your rose-scented bath bombs an extra fragrant scent!
When dyeing bath bombs, natural colors are the key to the greatest enjoyment. Natural ingredients allow for a full range of color hues and vibrant colors. From pink shades made with finely crushed rose petals to a lush green color derived from lemon balm powder. How to make a rose petal bath bomb a different color without dye? The answer is simple:
- You can use crushed molasses or dried comfrey leaves for a green color.
- Mint can give shades of blue, purple, and even brown.
- Chlorophyll powder gives an earthy green color.
- Use coloring powders such as madder root or hibiscus root. They will give you rich reds, pinks, and lilacs.
When using natural ingredients for coloring, it is vital to leave the water out. Even if the bombs look the same inside the mold, they may become soft when removed! It will affect their texture once they are fully set.
How to Use Rose Petal Bath Bombs Safely?
Using rose-scented bath bombs can add a unique element to your bath and help you relax. Ensure the safety of your health and well-being is essential:
- Use pesticide-free flowers. Also, use flowers that are free of herbicides and other chemicals.
- Use only the petals, not the whole flower. The entire flower won't hurt you, but they can clog drains.
- To keep your bath from being too slippery, use only one bath bomb at a time.
- When using rose bath bombs, ensure the petals don't get in your eyes, mouth, or nose.
- It is best to test the bombs on a small area of your skin before using them in the bath. It will help you see if your skin can tolerate the essential oils and rose petals.
- Finally, remember to wash the tub after using it. This way, you can avoid possible stains from dried flower parts.
These simple steps will help you enjoy a luxurious bath without any unwanted side effects.
Bath Bomb Storage Tips
You need to find the perfect place to store the bombs. They must be at their best when you use them. Although you can keep them in a plastic bag, this can harm the quality of the flower bath bombs. You can accidentally damage them, and they will fall apart.
For optimal storage, you must add moisturizing packets in an airtight container. As for temperature, keep the bath bombs away from heat sources. It applies to radiators or direct sunlight. Not only will they melt the product, but they will also lessen the effervescence.
Use shelves out of reach of moisture or dampness. Finally, always label storage containers with an expiration date. It will ensure you get the most out of the beautiful presentation and bubbles!
How to Choose Roses for Bath Bombs
There are several factors to consider when choosing rose petals for bath bombs:
- The scent is a significant factor. Make sure that the rose you choose has a pleasant fragrance. The aroma should match the desired fragrance profile of your product.
- Freshness and brightness also play an essential role. Roses with rich flowers and lush petals will create an attractive product.
- Finally, the supplier is vital. Look for roses grown locally or at least in environmentally friendly conditions. That way, you can ensure a high-quality finished product.
These elements will help you find the perfect rose for your bath bombs.
Health Benefits of Rose in the Bath
Since ancient times, many people have used roses in cosmetics. They give the bath a pleasant fragrance and have beneficial properties for the skin. Here are some of the benefits of rose bath bombs:
- Rose petals provide deep hydration to the skin. Rose petals contain essential oils and other organic compounds. These compounds help restore the skin's natural balance.
- Rose petals also have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It helps relieve skin irritation, reduce swelling and prevent infection.
- Rose petals help relieve stress and anxiety. The scent of rose petals has a soothing effect on the mind and body, which enables you to relax.
- Besides, rose petals make a beautiful, presentable bath bomb - a great gift!
To ensure the quality of your bath bombs, choose only the best Rosaholics flowers! With our high-grade roses and rose petals, you can create a unique bath bomb with the perfect scent, color, and texture. We offer a vast range of colors that are all 100% natural and free from toxic chemicals.
Creating a rose petal bath bomb is an easy DIY project for everyone! With the proper knowledge and ingredients, you can make a luxurious bath bomb with rose petals in no time. Follow the instructions, safety tips, and storage advice above to create your perfect rose bath bombs.
Yes, dried rose petals are safe to use in a bath. Just make sure they are pesticide-free and free of any other chemicals.
Yes, you can! However, make sure the rose petals are organic. It will ensure a safe and enjoyable bath experience.
Yes, rose bath bombs are an excellent choice for your children. Although it is important to note that since they contain essential oils, they may be too intense for some kids. If you have any concerns or questions about the safety of these products, it is best to consult your doctor or pharmacist before using them.
Rose petals can clog the drains and cause plumbing issues. However, if you want to add rose petals to your bath bomb decoration, you can place a strainer over the drain to catch them.
55 Best Quotes Ideas About Kindness
How to Take Care of Sunflower Bouquet
How to Take Care of Alstroemeria Flowers
Trendy Wedding Flower Colors 2022-2023