What to Write on a Wedding Card? Unique Wish Ideas
There are days in life that we will never forget. Wishing newlyweds a happy marriage is common, and a great way to mark their wedding day and a new chapter in life is one of those days.
Choosing what to write on a wedding card can be difficult. After all, you want to say something sincere and meaningful, but at the same time, you don't want to seem cheesy or formulaic. If you're stuck for ideas, check out these unique wish ideas. From expressing congratulations to sharing special memories, there's sure to be something appropriate for the occasion. So start writing - you'll be glad you did!
What are the Formal Wedding Messages?
When you write sayings on wedding cards to congratulate the newlyweds on their big day, it's essential to focus on the event's tone. It means that if the wedding is decorated in classic details, then fun wedding wishes to the couple, in this case, will be inappropriate.
In this situation, traditional messages on a wedding card would be perfect. They will sound classic and elegant, further emphasizing the event's atmosphere. For example, you can use traditional phrases such as:
- Our heartfelt congratulations to the most beautiful couple. As you both begin to build your new life together, we wish you an incredible journey full of exciting adventures.
- May your marriage bring you much love and happiness.
- The ability to lean on one another in difficult times and to always have someone to turn to during all of life's storms is the most precious of all blessings. May your life be filled with love and compassion!
- Be grateful for what you have, be happy with each other, and love each other more than anything! These are the three pillars of long, happy family life.
- We wish you love, happiness, and success in your marriage!
- May all the years be filled with everlasting joy and love.
- I wish you whole days that will be as happy and memorable as this one. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Please accept our warmest congratulations on your marriage! May happiness and love follow no matter what path you take.
What are the Casual Wedding Messages?
Even though a wedding is a formal event, we are usually invited there by friends or relatives. These are people with whom we are intimately acquainted, which means we can write sayings on wedding cards in a looser style. But wedding wishes for close friends should differ from wishes for relatives or acquaintances. They can be more personal, funny, and creative.
In this case, you can use some casual wedding wishes for the couple that will be enjoyable for the newlyweds. They will sound more personal and heartfelt, which means the bride and groom will like them because they are the main characters of this event. Here are a few examples:
- May you never cease to be amazed and inspired by each other! Fill your home with the warmth of your love and happiness!
- Congratulations on your wedding day! As you enter a new phase of your life, I hope you always make time for each other, support each other, and share each other's joys and sorrows! Family life means sharing everything.
- May your love for each other shine brighter and grow stronger with each coming day. Best wedding wishes to the newlyweds.
- The lovely newlywed couple, you have decided to create a family, and one of the most important and impressive stages in your life has just begun. I wish all your plans and hopes for the future come true!
- Congratulations! You two look so great together; we have no doubt you were made for each other! May your beautiful life together bring you much joy and happiness!
Wedding Wishes to Couple Based on Bible Verses
If you or the newlyweds are religious, why not include religious content in your wedding card message? If the bride and groom are religious, they will be happy to receive a lovely message from people who share their views and beliefs.
You can use some verses from the Bible about marriage. These verses are beautiful and inspiring, so they are perfect for congratulating newlyweds on their big day. Here are some examples:
- Proverbs 31:10-12 - "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life."
- Ephesians 5:25 - "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her."
Or you can write a message on a wedding card in the form of classic religious phrases:
- May the Lord grant you all the blessings of life and the joys of love.
- By marriage, you honor God and bring joy to your family and friends who celebrate this great day with you.
- Congratulations! This day marks the beginning of your married life. Love each other and trust in God's guidance.
- Love is the glue that holds you and your marriage together. With God's love, that glue will become even stronger.
- God is the One who brought you together. May He bless your marriage and enrich your life with love, making it more profound and vital for years to come.
- When two people are united in marriage by God, the world is enriched with love and becomes a better place to live for all!
What to Gift with Wedding Card Sayings?
If you are invited to a wedding, you will probably want to give the newlyweds a small gift in addition to the sayings on the wedding card. Of course, you don't have to, but it would be nice if you did. It's best to give them something that will come in handy in their married life together. For example:
- household items;
- kitchen utensils;
- small appliances;
You can also give the couple a symbolic gift that will remind them of their wedding day, the couple's wedding wishes, and the happy moments they shared that day. For example:
- a beautiful frame for their wedding photo;
- a wedding album;
- personalized glass or ceramic plate with their names and wedding date;
- a set of champagne flutes with their initials;
If you don't know what to give the newlyweds, you can always ask them, their parents or close friends directly. It will be even better because you will give a gift that will be useful to the bride and groom.
However, the most versatile gift is flowers, which are suitable for any occasion. A florist can help you choose the perfect bouquet for a wedding or create a beautiful flower arrangement to fit your budget. If you don't know what flowers to give as a gift, you can ask a florist for advice.
On our website, Rosaholics, you can choose from an enormous variety of bouquets you will love. We have already created a separate fork with wedding bouquets, where you can choose a neat and delicate bouquet that will suit such an important event.
You can read more about How much Do Wedding Flowers Cost in 2022 in our other article.
If you're wondering what to write on your wedding card, we hope our ideas will help you create the perfect message for the newlyweds. Just be yourself and express your best wishes to the couple in your own words. We're sure they'll appreciate it!
If you need more inspiration or ideas, visit our website - Rosaholics. We have a wide variety of bouquets for various events, including weddings. Perhaps it's one of our bouquets that can inspire you to write a beautiful message on a wedding card for the newlyweds. Choose a bouquet and be inspired!
There are many ways to congratulate a marriage. You can write a message on a wedding card in the form of classic or religious phrases. You can also give the couple a symbolic gift reminding them of their wedding day.
If you want to avoid cheesy messages, we recommend that you be sincere and express your best wishes to the couple in your own words. A simple "Best wishes on your special day!" or "Wishing you all the happiness in the world!" message would suffice.
It would be best if you wrote the name of the person or persons to whom the card is addressed on the front of the envelope. For example, if you send a wedding card to Mr and Mrs John Smith, you would write "Mr and Mrs John Smith" on the envelope.
If you know the couple's marital status, it is appropriate to write "Mr. and Mrs." on the wedding card.
11 Beautiful Types of Pink Flowers for any Bouquet
23 Fantastic Gifts for People who Have Everything
Reasons Why Rose is a Queen of Flowers
23 Amazing Flowers for Fall Arrangements
Top Wedding Ideas for Fall