25 Beautiful Purple Flowers for any Bouquet
Any purple flower plants look gorgeous because the variations in the purple arrangements are endless. Fortunately, we have many types of such flowers that are quite common. For example, one of the purple flowers is the famous lavender, which impresses with its pleasant smell. The next option is purple crocuses, which appear first in the spring from under the melted snow. It can also be a hydrangea with voluminous blooms and a combination of other flowers. Among other purple flowers are asters, lilacs, irises, lilies, and many others.
As you can see, there are many flowers of this color. And these can be both dark purple and light purple flowers because they vary in shades. And to be more specific, they have approximately 190 tints. Just imagine how many shade options flowers have. A garden in purple color looks unusual, original, magical, and mysterious. The same applies to bouquets. With the help of purple color, you can create extremely wonderful flower arrangements in combination with other shades.
How to Choose the Right Purple Flowers?
To choose the right purple flowers, you first need to decide on the number of flowers and for what purpose you are giving them. Purple flowers can be an excellent gift for friends, colleagues, relatives or yourself. They are not an ordinary color and thus add interest to any bouquet. But before you get it, you should also consider the following rules for choosing flowers:
- First, you need to decide on the shade of the flowers. Purple comes in different hues, so choosing the one that will impress you the most is essential.
- Focus on the time of year in which you choose flowers. You should select dark purple flowers in warm seasons, such as summer and spring. And in winter and autumn, pick light flowers. It will create a contrast between the color of the flowers and the atmosphere of a particular season.
- Take into account the gender, age, and position in society of the person for whom you select flowers. The size of the flowers also matters. If these flowers are for someone close to you - select large flowers. It can be small purple flowers for older people or those you don't know very well.
- Pay attention to the meaning of flowers. Each type of flower has its purpose, so you need to know it before choosing them.
So, as you can see, selecting flowers is not a simple task. You can pick dark shades, but they may not go well with, for example, orange flowers. Therefore, all these rules regarding the choice of purple flowers are crucial because they facilitate the selection and make it right.
The Best Dark Purple Flowers
Everyone has different preferences regarding the color of flowers. If we talk about dark shades, they mean mystery and grandeur. Such flowers include verbena, petunia, aster, dwarf iris, crocus and bluebell:
- Verbena: this flower grows very tall and has small purple flowers. Although they are small, they are very expressive because they have a rich purple color. Verbena has a delightful aroma and is also used for medicinal purposes.
- Dwarf Iris: Iris is only available in bright colors, one of which is dark purple, which makes the flowers more magical. They grow on small stems and are perennial plants.
- Crocus: this fragile flower grows almost in all seasons except summer. It has a cup-shaped shape and is a tiny flower. Therefore, from these little flowers, you can make a miniature bouquet that attracts with its dark shade.
- Bluebell: this flower can be perennial, annual or biennial. Such blooms can grow even on the ground, covering and forming a purple carpet, thanks to their dark shades.
- Aster: this flower is quite popular. It is grown all over the world as an ornamental plant. It is somewhat similar to the chrysanthemum. Only it has longer and thicker leaves expressed in purple color.
- Petunia: this is one of the most common purple flowers. Usually, this flower is planted in hanging baskets. Petunia has a funnel-shaped form, giving it volume when creating a bouquet. So, these dark purple flowers are perfectly combined with light shades.
These are far from all variants of these flowers because this list can be supplemented with fuchsia, ageratum, lobelia, and many other options.
Top Small Purple Flowers
Anemone, garden cosmos, cyclamen, heliotrope, violets and columbine are included in the list of top small flowers. So, if you prefer fragile purple flowers, then read more about them:
- Anemone: this flower is a tiny flower that grows in spring. Quite often, it can be found in forests. Anemone comes in pink, white and blue. But the most popular is purple, which turns the ground into a purple cover with its color.
- Garden cosmos: a gorgeous flower that grows next to each other and has delicate light purple flowers. Its leaves are broad and have a bright yellow center. Such buds can be added to bouquets as an additional decoration.
- Cyclamen: this is an unusual flower. It has not only attractive purple petals but also wonderful leaves with unusual patterns. Cyclamens usually like cool climates and rains.
- Heliotrope: it has small flowers that grow densely next to each other and thus form a voluminous bush. This is considered one of the best purple flowers. And this is not only because of its chic appearance but also because of its rich, pleasant aroma.
- Violets: one of the most miniature purple flowers. It comes in different colors, but purple is the most popular and attractive color for violets. They have a bright appearance and a large selection of species.
- Columbine: this is a fascinating purple flower that impresses with its uniqueness. At first, columbine begins to bloom in purple color, and then after a certain time, light petals appear next to it. This way, burgundy leaves and purple petals create a beautiful, delicate combination.
Beautiful Light Purple Flowers
Roses, wisterias, cornflowers, lilacs, cattleya orchids, and hydrangea are flowers that are extremely beautiful with their light blooms. Many people like light shades of flowers because they can calm and create an atmosphere of comfort. So, read more about light purple flowers:
- Rose: purple roses are fantastic. They are not very common, but bouquets of such flowers are incredible. And if you use them in combination with other flowers of different colors, you can get a luxurious flower arrangement.
- Wisteria: these purple flowers grow very close and have many flowers on one branch. With their light, pastel shade, they can decorate your house's facade or complement the garden.
- Mountain cornflower: a very delicate and pleasant flower. It has fragile, thin hairs and pronounced leaves that give the flowers a more expressive look. Also, cornflower has many purple shades, from pastel purple to dark blue.
- Lilac: this flower is very flowering and grows in lush bushes. And its aroma is impressive and capable of enchanting. Therefore, a bouquet of such purple flowers can decorate your house's interior with their appearance and aroma.
- Cattleya orchid is a tropical light purple flower that can reach 8 inches in diameter. Its delicate shade gives lightness and peace. That is why cattleya also likes calm conditions and lighted places for better flowering.
- Hydrangea: the beauty of this flower can not be described in words. Hydrangea is one of the best options for creating and complementing any bouquets. It is known for its lush leaves, which complement the beauty of the flowers. The color can be white, pink, or blue, but most prefer purple.
Other Purple Flowers' Names
Original and beautiful flowers amaze us with their beauty and uniqueness of aromas. And such flowers can include those that have a purple color. So, how else can purple flower plants be included on this list?
- Alstroemeria: there are a few reasons why purple alstroemeria is beautiful. First, the purple color can give it off an air of sophistication. Second, its petals are often very symmetrical, which adds to their aesthetic appeal. Finally, the aroma of purple alstroemeria is often very pleasant, making it a pleasure to be around.
- Volovik Italian: it attracts attention, firstly, with its large, beautiful flowers of a dark purple shade. Also, its large leaves are of no less decorative value.
- Lily of the Nile: this flower can reach a height of 4 feet. Due to its size and small purple blooms, it looks pretty unusual compared to others. Therefore, it is often planted in gardens to add some interest.
- Lilies: lilies are one of the crops with purple flowers that can be planted in the garden. However, few plants have such a shade. But they emit a very bright and rich aroma.
- Tulips: the flowering of the first tulips begins in March, and the latest varieties wither at the end of May. Therefore, you can observe these incredible purple flower plants all spring.
- Brovallia: another rather interesting purple flower. It grows in the shape of a star against a background of green leaves. Usually, the leaves are much larger than the flowers' petals, giving the impression that the flowers are growing on a green covering.
- Astilbe: Astilbe does not look like flowers in the classical sense at first glance. It is an extraordinary garden decoration, combined beautifully with other purple flowers.
So, the selection of purple flower plants is quite broad and diverse so this list can be endless.
A Word from Rosaholics
A few decades ago, purple flowers were considered quite rare. Still, modern advances have led to the cultivation of various purple flower plants, so now we can find them in any flower shop or garden. Some people can consider purple not the best for flowers. But with time, everything changes, and now bouquets of this color are becoming increasingly popular, symbolizing success, a sense of achievement, and the highest honors. So, if you need to stand out among others and get a beautiful bouquet of purple flowers, Rosaholics can help you with this. We can choose absolutely any shade for you and assemble an aesthetic flower arrangement.
Hydrangea is one of the most widespread purple flowers. Of course, it can be in other colors, for example, white, but purple is the most popular. If we talk about the overall appearance of the flower, the hydrangea attracts not only with its delicate shade but also the large and voluminous flowers on the bush.
Yes, purple roses do exist. They are very unusual and attractive, but they are pretty rare. It is because you need to cross different varieties of roses to get a rose of this color. But if you want an easier way, you can make a purple rose with the help of artificial dyes.
Tall purple flowers include gladiolus and verbena. These are two flowers that are known for their height. Verbena grows approximately 4-5 feet in height, and gladiolus is between 2 and 5 feet. The combination of their size and delicate purple color is a magnificent sight, so people quite often plant them in the garden.
Crocus is one of the beautiful spring flowers that have a purple color. It blooms in the spring around March and April and has about 20 species. Many of them are a lovely shade of purple with enough fragrance to lure bees out of hibernation.
11 Beautiful Types of Pink Flowers for any Bouquet
Top 12 Ideas How to Get Her Back
Why are Roses Considered the Most Romantic Flowers?
Flowers for Date: What to Know?
Symbolic Flowers in the Movie and Their Role in the Plot